2. These woods, made famous by Thoreau, are now part of the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
4. Studies show nature walks can reduce this: Stress
5. The Appalachian Trail is one of the most celebrated trails for this activity. Hiking
9. Important habitat for the Porcupine Caribou Herd. Arctic Refuge
12. Owner of 640 million acres of American public lands. You
13. Current President of The Wilderness Society. Jamie Williams
15. He signed the answer to 8 Down into law in 1906. Roosevelt
17. Our recent phone briefing discussed the importance of protecting the Land and Water Conservation Fund before it expires in September.
18. Known as "The Bob," this fifth largest wilderness in the contiguous 48, is named for this founder of The Wilderness Society and namesake for our legacy society. Robert Marshall
1. A pair of buttes in Southern Utah gives this monument its furry name. Bears Ears
3. This bird is known as one of nature's great dancers. Sage Grouse
6. With your help, we are protecting our wild for the next generation.
7. The Wilderness Society has identified 15 places that are just Too Wild to Drill.
8. Authorizes the president to protect landmarks by designating them as National Monuments. Antiquities Act.
10. This book by Terry Tempest Williams is an ode to our national parks. The Hour of Land
11. President Johnson signed an Act into law in 1968 to protect Wild & Scenic Rivers.
14. Secretary of the Interior who recommended drastic cuts to Grand Staircase-Escalate National Monument. Zinke
16. This president designated more monuments than any other president with 26. Obama
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.