5. The namesake for our legacy society, the Robert Marshall Council, is one of our founders, and the first to make a gift to The Wilderness Society through his will.
8. The current Secretary of the Interior is Ryan Zinke.
11. After 35 years, the Badger-Two Medicine region was preserved as an important ecological corridor, after oil and gas drilling leases were cancelled.
12. The idea for the Appalachian Trail, which runs from Maine to Georgia, was conceived by another Wilderness Society founder Benton MacKaye.
13. Americans own 640 million acres of public land.
15. Your support helps protect our precious wild spaces for future generations.
16. In 2016 Roxanne Quimby donated 87,000 acres of Maine woodland to the American people, forming the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
17. More than twenty-percent of our nation's carbon emission originate on public lands from coal, oil, and natural gas leases.
18. America's last great, wild frontier. Alaska
1. It's here in the Crown of the Continent that waters of the Pacific, Atlantic, and Hudson Bay begin.
2. This activity is a popular way to experience the Boundary Waters Wilderness. canoeing
3. In May 2017, the eleventh class of the San Gabriel Mountains Forever Leadership Academy graduated.
4. Some places are too special and wild to drill.
5. The Methane Rule reduces wasteful burn-off and pollution on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management.
6. Common name for this very large West Coast tree. sequoia
7. This summer, go outside and play.
9. The mission of The Wilderness Society is to protect wilderness and inspire Americans to care for our wild places.
10. This national monument protects stunning red rock canyonlands and thousands of Native American cliff dwellings, petroglyphs, and cultural sites. BearsEars
12. One gift type that provides you guaranteed fixed payments for life is a charitable gift annuity.
14. Science agrees: nature is good for your brain.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.